At the end of the year, most people focus on New Year Resolutions, and that's great! However, there is another process that can help you enter the year fully integrated.
This week's resource is an integration process that I developed. It can help you integrate the past year's learnings and envision the year to come standing on the foundation of your knowledge. This process enables you to start 2022 feeling integrated and empowered.
Holiday Message: End of Year Integration Practice
by: Laurel Elders
Wishing you an illuminating close to 2021 and joyous beginnings in 2022!
Most people are accustomed to setting New Year’s Resolutions at the start of each year. Yet, when we only focus on the future, we miss some rich lessons from the year that just passed. Here is a retreat-style method you may follow to gain the most of the year that’s passed and leverage the year to come.
Best practice: Set aside a half-day or full-day retreat to reflect and get creative. You may follow this process solo, with your coach, with a friend, or with colleagues. Conduct this process away from home, at a coffee shop, take a hike, rent a cabin or do a stay-cation. If you are at home, you can create a cozy retreat like atmosphere to gift yourself.
~ The Ten Steps ~
1. List out all of my accomplishments this year.
2. List out what worked well this last year?
3. List what didn’t work. What challenges did I face because of what wasn’t working?
4. What lessons did I learn this year to take with me into the next year? What do I need to let go of this year?
5. What all do I wish to accomplish in the coming year? What lessons from last year will help me?
6. What “quality” will by my focal point this year and will empower me?
7. What are my specific goal statements for this year? List the priorities.
8. What is my empowerment statement for this year?
9. What are my timelines? (Plug these into my calendar)
10.Reflecting on my goals, how would attaining these goals leave me feeling? Create a vision board around these.
• Step One – you may wish to use a list of life areas, like the Wheel of Life or 8 Domains, to generate ideas. You may also ask your friends and/or coach to send you a list of things you have accomplished. Many of us forget just how much we did achieve.
• Step Four - do a ritual for letting go. Ex: write what you’re letting go of on paper and rip it up. Or burn in a fireplace.
• Step Six – The quality is one word or phrase that will be your focal point for the year. EX: Alignment, or, Simplicity, or, Synergy
• Step Eight – Create a statement that powerfully reflects what you want and wish to integrate that you learned from last year. This statement should illuminate and support you in the year to come. You can read this statement at the start of each month to keep you on track.
• Step Ten – This step supports the energy of attracting what we want into our lives. You can take the answers of how it leaves you feeling and create a vision of your accomplishing your goals.
Happy Goal Attainment!
FOLLOW US AT:
LEARN MORE ABOUT BECOMING A Certified Professional Coach